Monday, November 19, 2007

Missing Kansas

Now that the holidays are coming, I am missing my family. We are missing our friends too ( YOU). Our new friends have yet to be as promising, although I am making close friends at my work through my bible study. My sister almost made plans to come up in December, but she decided to wait until the weather is better. I am making Thanksgiving dinner myself. My sister-in-law may come and I invited one of the researchers from the lab that is in my bible study who has no where else to go. She is from Iran (and she is a christian). BB isn't too happy that I invited someone he doesn't know, but I hope he likes her. Being alone for the holidays is a drag.

The kids are in a new sitter now. We have yet to determine how she is going to work out. It is about 15-20 more driving a day for me. BB has even more driving. Woogy is into transformers bigtime, thanks to BB. BB was a huge fan as a boy and now he is teaching Woogy all about them. Nibbles is obsessed with horses (Moos) and baby dolls and doing anything that mommy does like cleaning and making dinner, putting on make-up and talking on the phone. She still loves mama over dada. When will she grow out of that??? I can't even go to service at church, I spend it in her 2 year old class and I end up working every sunday since I am an official volunteer now. I always intend to download the sermons but I am too busy. Such is life.

5 comments:

T said...

We miss friends too. We are not "there" yet with anyone here in Indiana.

I use to use Tgiving as "My" holiday. We didn't travel for it since we had so many trips for Christmas. It was fun to cook the turkey or ham (we don't like turkey very well) and have fun and games and just hang out.

We took it as a nice long slow down before the holiday rush. We usually were busy every weekend after it until after new years too!

GoldenSunrise said...

We miss you guys too! It is lonely here without Wah-Wah, BB, T and Dash. There's no replacing you guys.

shakedust said...

We miss you all too!

I hope the new sitter works out.

f o r r e s t said...

We miss you and I am sure you guys will have a good thanksgiving.

roamingwriter said...

It's going to be so weird when we are back and KC and there's no BB, Wah Wah, T and Dash. Life keeps changing!