Monday, November 12, 2007

Hearing from God

I have been praying for a lot of concerns in my life, that God would give me direction and clarity ( ie. our babysitter, our church) . I have not felt the Lord directly speaking to me very often in my life. One of the men in my bible study here at work is a spirit-filled christian, formerly a pastor of his own church, and he claims that God speaks to him all the time. I told him that this is a very rare occurrence for me, but my brother-in-the Lord feels that this is not the way it should be.

He believes that all christians can hear from God, we just need to pray that we hear Him, that we are sensitive to His Voice. So he and I have been praying for me for a few weeks now. I can't say that I feel terribly different yet. I have been praying about our church and BB and I have actually visited a few other churches besides Imago.

Yesterday we visited a spirit-filled church that was totally wrong for us. Woogy refused to stay without me and hid behind my back the entire time! He is very shy and is very resistant to change. He is still having potty training issues even now and everyone we talk to agrees it is because he is missing his old house, old church, old preschool and especially his cousins from KC. He mentions how much he misses them 2-4x a week! And with having to switch babysitters in a week, Woogy is going to be having a really hard time soon.

So we are at this church that is totally wrong f0r us and then we go to a later service at Imago. I work in the 2 year old class with Nibbles there, happy as a lark. Woogy happily goes to his class and BB goes to service to hear another enjoyable sermon from Pastor Rick. We talk to our friends after the service and then it hits me, this is where we belong. It's hard to describe. No, Imago is not a spirit-filled church and that is the #1 reason why I was looking for others, but I believe that God made it very clear to me that this is where we belong. I am almost sure it was God, but I am still skeptical. Does this show a lack of faith or just inexperience?????

5 comments:

shakedust said...

Truth be told, I would rather approach something skeptically and get it right than without thought and get it wrong. Perhaps your process through skepticism was simply part of God's way of speaking to you about where you needed to be, and without it you wouldn't have heard from Him.

Achtung BB said...

I think a clear sign we belong at Imago was when I saw Wah-Wah and Nibbles on the front cover of the bulletin yesterday. Wah-Wah and Nibbles are apparently the poster children for the Mom's community at Imago. They love that picture.

GoldenSunrise said...

You had a moment when everything was clear to you. That is God speaking to you.

T said...

I honestly think it just shows lack of experience...not lack of faith. I agree with golden, that if it was clear and it is still clear to you that God was speaking to you.

I had to train myself to trust God by stepping out in faith in moments like that and then as life unfolds and it's more obvious that it was God I learned to trust easier the next time and the next.

roamingwriter said...

I think we can over dramatise God speaking to us. More often than not it is a small inkling in our souls and a feeling of yeah-that's-what's-right. God's speaking to you.