Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Endless illness

Sometimes I wonder why God gives some people so many physical challenges and ailments. I am very blessed that I have a very healthy husband and son, who both rarely get sick. Unfortunately, little Nibbles and I have been sick most of this month.

Nibbles is having serious asthma problems. She has had two bad colds this month. With the first one, I got a call from my sitter saying Nibbles couldn't breathe. So I rush home and take her in to the pediatrician and she gets diagnosed with asthma. We have an inhaler for her now. But I had to use the thing on her constantly for a week and sometimes it didn't even help. So I took her back and they put her on steroids (prednisone). One week later, she gets another cold and the asthma starts over again. The worst thing is how she coughs when she is wheezing, all night long. None of us get any sleep. I give her the inhaler 2x a night when she is like this and it just barely helps. It has cleared up now, but just yesterday, she was having another runny nose, not even a week since she got over the last cold!!!

All BB has to say is that she must have inherited my immune system. It's true. I am not the healthiest person, even though I eat healthier than anyone I know and run everyday. I have had a sinus infection now for a month. I have learned that antibiotics do more harm than good, for me, and I resist going on them. So I am suffering, waiting for this one to go away on it's own. But I don't know how much more I can take. I have asked my church and bible study to pray for us, but a few more prayers would be appreciated.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

It is no fun being sick. I'm sorry to hear about Nibbles having asthma. We will pray for you guys.

NJ has had 4 colds since September. Kids pick up everything in church nursery and daycare.

T said...

We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

shakedust said...

Yeah, I am sorry to hear about that. I think what is frustrating about illness is that it his different people disproportionately.

Hopefully everyone can start getting some sleep again soon.

Achtung BB said...

You do tend to get sick a lot. Perhaps if you ate more donuts like I do you would feel better. On a more serious note, maybe you should try a doctor who specializes in natural medicine. I heard a few success stories when traditional medicine fails.