Thursday, March 6, 2008

Good Neighbors

We must have the best neighbors ever. Billy and Oscar are so friendly, come over nearly everyday when we arrive. They love our kids. Our dog thinks he belongs to them as well. Everyday he squeezes through their fence and barks until they let him in. He eats their dogfood, visits, gets some hugs and attention, then heads home, where he usually belches when I pet him from stuffing his face over there. They even let our kids come over and play in their yard when it's nice. They even watch our dog when we are on vacation.

I didn't realize how nice they were until I had to do some yardwork and I didn't have the right tools. They came over and loaned me their tools and helped with the task for 45 minutes. This isn't the first time either. They buy the kids easter and christmas presents every year and have even given Nibbles a little puppy that she pulls around all the time. This is the same puppy she dropped in a pond at the Portland Chinese Garden last year.

I am going to have to do something nice for Billy and Oscar to show them how much we appreciate them. (Yes, I erased my previous blog)

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

"B" and "O" sound bad. I think of body odor when I hear BO. I think it's probably Ok to use their names or I can try to think of some clever nick names.

GoldenSunrise said...

Neat. Do they have any young kids, or are they retired?

Portland wawa said...

They are retired.

T said...

That's awesome that you have good neighbors like that. The bond the kids will be an investment in their lives that they will always remember. We had a couple like that in our lives growing up and to this day I still remember them and the fun we had. They were friends with mom and dad, but they were older and retired. We got to hike on their farm, fish, and climb in the barn. It was a blast!