Friday, March 28, 2008

Family issues resolved

I feel like I should update my last blog. Now that I have explained our expectations, our financial situation, and laid it all out on the table, my step-mom says that she did have different expectations of us and that was causing all of the problems. She appreciated me telling her and now that she knows that we never planned on coming to Iowa again, she is ok with it. Still disappointed, but she says she can accept it. We can't make everybody happy.

This just goes to show that alot of disagreements are over different expectations that are never voiced. Take husband and wife quarrels, perfect example. I am just glad this quarrel is over.

4 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

whew!

shakedust said...

I absolutely agree that differing expectations are the cause of a lot of problems. I don't have a lot of patience for people (family members) who have unrealistic expectations about what we can and can't do.

Achtung BB said...

Communication doesn't appear to be very important on that side of the family.

GoldenSunrise said...

I am glad that everything is settled with you guys now.