Friday, February 22, 2008

Vacation in Kansas

I have been really stressed out since I booked our vacation, trying to plan on seeing everyone and keeping everyone happy. Last year wasn't that bad because we didn't try to go up to Iowa to see my dad. My dad flew out here so it was ok. We just stayed in KC, while BB drove up to Iowa to see his sister and friends. Since my dad cannot travel to KC anymore, and he will not be flying to Portland either, I wanted to go see him. But 6 days is not enough time to do all this, so I am stressed out. We have to see my sister and her kids in KC. Woogy and Nibbles would never forgive me if they didn't get to go see their cousins. My step-mom gave me some good advice: focus on having fun on our vacation. So I am going to try to be ok with not seeing everyone and still keep everyone happy???

4 comments:

T said...

I know what you mean, I always came home from vacation --needing a vacation! I hope you come home rested and not wore out and that everyone is happy so you're not stressed! I'm glad you're going to get to go see your dad.

shakedust said...

I absolutely know what you mean. When I visit my family and don't make the extra six-hour-one-way trip to my aunt's house to see my grandmother, I feel like a heel.

You can only do what you can do.

GoldenSunrise said...

If you come to this area every year,then maybe you can alternate on who you see? See some people every other year rather than every year? Just a thought. It is hard to please everyone....definitely try to have fun and don't jam pack your days too full.

roamingwriter said...

I hear you. We fortunately had a long break at Christmas and saw everyone but you do feel like you need a vacation after your trip to recover even though it is fun to see everyone.