Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rain, Rain, go away!

It beginning to feel like the rain will never end! It's been raining for 4 months straight now and it's really hard sometimes. Last week we had a few sunny days, but they were cold, cold so I didn't really go outside. I love living in Portland most of the time, but constant rain makes a mess:
1. The floors are always dirty and muddy.
2. The leather couch is always dirty from the dog's dirty paws.
3. The dog jumps on us after being outside and we get muddy.
4. The cars are filthy from muddy shoes.
5. Our shoes are all muddy and cannot ever be worn in a house. When we go to home group, everyone takes off their shoes upon entering.
6. The worst problem is that the tub is filled with a couple inches of dirt because BB is bathing the dog's feet daily!

BB and I know Portland wouldn't be as beautiful without 8 months of rain so we put up with it, but I am already counting the weeks until the dry season starts (around 17-19 weeks).
P.S.- My dad is not doing very well. He is still in the ICU. Please keep him in your prayers.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

That would be frustrating. I hadn't thought through the fact that all that rain would mean so much mud.

I'll remember to keep your dad in prayer.

Achtung BB said...

That's why I was so insisted on getting wood floors. It doesn't make sense to have carpet in this climate. Anyway, the rain hasn't bothered me much this season. I think when you see all the waterfalls and roses in the summer it makes it worth it.

f o r r e s t said...

With all that rain it must take forever for the ground to dry out. I am just thinking abouth the kids playing outside.

Wow, I hope dry season comes quickly.

GoldenSunrise said...

I would be frustrated as well.
Sorry to hear that your Dad isn't doing well.

T said...

Yeah, I like rain but that would be messy. Enjoy your "dry season!" :)

I'll be praying for your dad too, keep us posted on how he's doing.