Friday, January 18, 2008

The Ugly Floor

BB finally got rid of what he called "the ugliest floor in the world". We paid a local contractor to put in a laminate floor in our living room and hallway. I must say it looks nicer and it's cleaner, and BB isn't complaining about how ugly it is anymore, but it's not perfect. The dog is having trouble finding places to lay down. And when we lay on the floor with the kids and roughhouse, it's not very comfortable. It's quite noisy too. I am waking up in the night when the dog walks around. I am disturbing BB in the mornings when I am doing my exercises so I now have to go out into the miserable cold, rain to exercise at 4:30 am.

So am I happy with the new floor, yes! Do I miss the old floor, a little!

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I'm so glad that flithy carpet is gone. You don't need to go outside to exercise. I only made a comment that I could hear you exercising. It didn't bother me.

GoldenSunrise said...

Neat. Is it wood laminate flooring? I don't know much about flooring but Dust is going to put down tile in our bathroom this weekend. Were you opposed to getting a carpet? laminate is probably better with allergies.

shakedust said...

From what I have seen at Home Depot (constantly for the last two weeks) laminate flooring can look very nice.

We'll see how this whole tile thing actually goes down.

Portland wawa said...

It's very high end laminate flooring. We had carpet, it was extremely dirty. This will probably be better for my allergies, true.

T said...

Sounds like a nice floor, we HATE our carpet, I bet it's older and uglier then what you had! :)