Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Chain mail

I was just reading T's reaction to dust's blog and I have to agree, chain email is really annoying. I get at least 4 a month from my step-mom. And I hate the warnings, that I have to forward this or else!! They are usually of a christian nature, but why would I want to forward it to my friends and annoy them?? I did recently forward this email from golden about sharing recipes, but I don't think it's the same thing.
I think it's been about 5 years since I started deleting those annoying emails, but how do I tell her to stop?

6 comments:

shakedust said...

I am definitely not the person to ask about how to deal with the forwards. I usually just delete them and don't bother saying anything to the sender.

The forwards that bother me are the ones that attempt to make you feel guilty for not sending them on, because that encourages more people to click "Forward."

Achtung BB said...

I agree with Dust. I usually just delete them too. I also haven't given my email to your step mom so I don't always get chain letters.

f o r r e s t said...

I thought people kinda stopped forwarding chainmail...unfortunately there is always someone who is just discovering email.

T said...

yeah, I just ignore them usually. I don't view the recipe one in a negative way, but I don't cook, so unfortunately most people don't get a response from me on that one either.

Portland wawa said...

You don't cook? Does Dash or N?

T said...

I guess I do cool technically, but I am a simple cook, boil water insert veggie, salt to taste! LOL, Brown meat and serve! :)

Yes, dash likes to use ingredients and so does Nicky so I encourage them to cook whenever they like! Unfortunately non of us just enjoy cooking, so we get stuck in a rut of simple easy to fix things.