Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Playdates

Woogy is starting to have playdates with his friends from preschool. This is necessary because we don't have kids his age that live next door like we did in KC. For a while, a boy from our daycare was coming over twice a week, but he started kindergarten last fall. He was a bad influence anyway.

So yesterday, Woogy's friend N came over. All they did was play playstation though. I felt kind of bad. I kept trying to get them to do something else. When his mom showed up, I was kind of embarrassed. I don't want them to think I am a mom who lets her kids play playstation all of the time. I don't. Woogy only plays at bedtime with BB.

I just hope this doesn't start to "get around" so noone wants to come over to Woogy's to play anymore. Am I being paranoid??

5 comments:

shakedust said...

If it gets around, all of the kids will want to come over and play with Woogy. :)

I don't know the people out there, so I can't say for sure. However, I don't think that parents will keep their kids away for that reason, though. From what I remember of my childhood, I decided as much as my parents did whose house I wanted to go to play at even though my parents were protective.

GoldenSunrise said...

I am glad Woogy has a friend to have a playdate with. I don't think that would be a reason why I wouldn't let my son play with another kid. The mother is probably grateful that she has a break from her son for awhile!

Achtung BB said...

Since I'm the one to take Woogy to preschool, I'll try to clear up any rumors.

T said...

Isn't that what play dates are for? Chan went to a friends house in kc and that's pretty much all they did. We didn't even own a game console. I didn't mind. If they are there to play, then they should get to have fun playing. It would be different if you were providing full time childcare for them. I wouldn't worry. :) That's just my 2 cents worth.

Portland wawa said...

You are right T, but when I told BB what they did, he was a little upset too "why didn't you stop them" was his reaction.