Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bob's Red Mill




We visited Bob's Red Mill here in Portland on Saturday. I kept hearing about it from people because they have a large line of gluten-free flours and products so I decided to try it. It is a very charming store, like you would expect to see in a small town. It is a big red barn with a water wheel and every one was very friendly. There is a picture of the owner on the wall of their cafe that adds to the charm .

Not only did I pick up lots of gluten-free flours for my holiday baking, but we had lunch there. I kind of forced BB because I wanted to taste their gluten-free soups and sandwiches. It was quite delicious. I had to buy their wonderful gluten-free bread mix after that. BB thinks it tastes like crap, but he hasn't tasted the other options out there either!!

We will definitely be back, for the food, atmosphere, and the charm.



5 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Sounds like a neat store. I am glad you found the gluten-free flours.

Achtung BB said...

I wouldn't wish that bread on any body. Horrible after taste.

T said...

I'm glad you found that, it sounds like a great alternative for you. I'm also glad you like the bread, it would be tough to go w/o bread. :(

shakedust said...

I am very happy that you found something to replace the gluten foods in your diet, even if BB doesn't like it. :)

f o r r e s t said...

I know Bob!

We have his products in our Hy-Vee. I use his steel cut oatmeal and flax seed. His other stuff looks good too.