Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rough Week


I have been feeling very melancholy this week. Not only did my parents leave last Friday, but the rainy season started the same day. My parents were here a whole week. I haven't spent that much time with my dad in a long, long time, about 12 years. I keep feeling sad because I never got to know my dad growing up so any time I get to spend with him is always precious to me. I am so much like my dad, we understand each other. We are both analytical, deductive reasoning people who like to go to bed early and get up early. Most of my personality comes from my dad, according to my mom (she told me this all the time growing up, but not in a good way since she grew to hate my dad).
So I have that on top of the rainy season just starting. I am new to this rain thing. We came in late November last year so I still got to enjoy a nice fall in KC. We got the kids rain boots and they need them all the time. There isn't a puddle safe from my kids, let me tell you. And unfortunately, I've decided that this is the weekend I am going to stop nursing Nibbles at night (we went to nighttime only feedings about 2-3 months ago). So I am in for a rough weekend too. I warned BB, if he wants to escape to his moms. Pray for me this weekend too. It's going to be a tough time, for me and Nibbles.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I concluded not to be bothered by the rain. Oregon wouldn't be as beautiful if it didn't rain this much.

GoldenSunrise said...

I will remember you in my prayers. Hang in there.

shakedust said...

Yeah, hang in there.

I wonder why it is that the weather can impact mood the way it does. Something about an overcast sky makes me blue.

T said...

Sorry to hear that the rain is getting to ya. I am glad you had a good time with your dad. I get most of my personality traits from my dad too. Since we moved back my mom has called me "little Jerry" more then "T" I am not always sure that she means it in a good way!?

f o r r e s t said...

rain, rain,
go away...