Monday, July 28, 2008

Depending on grant money

Work is going ok, challenging though. The other technician in the lab is here for her last week and I am learning all of the dissections and experiments she does so I can take over. I am going to be really stressed out, possibly, when she is gone and I am doing the work of 1 1/2 people-2 people at times. We are finishing the project she is working on, but we are not quite done so I have to finish.

When the lab shrinks down a little more, we can get by with just one technician. But as it is, it's still just as big with 5 post-doc fellows. My boss got a few little grants so we are doing somewhat better, but he will still have to let more people go soon. The grants are too little to pay salaries, just buy supplies. I wish my boss would let me know the full picture, as it is I don't know who will be let go next.

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Sounds stressful. I hope you get a few more little grants. I will pray for your situation.

shakedust said...

Yeah, that would be frustrating not having all of the information. It sounds like you would be the last person to go, if it came to that. That doesn't make the situation much better, though, espectially when you are having to cover other people's work.

Achtung BB said...

I hope the situation gets better. But at least you would likely be the last to go (if any). My job might be changing soon. I just got a call from my former boss asking me to come for a interivew at Kerr. It could be promising.