Thursday, June 26, 2008

Job Woes Part II

Here is the scoop. Only 3 people are being asked to leave within 1-2 months. My boss is being very selective and secretive about who he tells to leave. I am only finding out when the person tells me what's going on. So either the situation is not as bad as my co-worker J was told in her meeting with our boss, or he is taking his time deciding what to do. I was told by someone who was asked to take this job they have been offered at Johns Hopkins, that eventually, my boss wants it to be just him, myself and one other post doc who is more like a junior PI. So I am not very worried at the moment. Things may change soon.

2 comments:

shakedust said...

It's good to know things may not be as bad as they were advertised. I'm sure you'd like to have more information than you are getting, though.

GoldenSunrise said...

It is interesting how secretive these layoffs have been. It seems like everybody is talking about it. Don't bosses know that? You tell one person and the whole office/workplace knows.