Sunday, April 27, 2008

Latourell Falls Hike












Nibbles and I went hiking by ourselves yesterday. Normally, BB and I don't split up like that. This was unusual. Woogy had an early afternoon t-ball game so if we didn't leave really early, we wouldn't make it back in time for the game. So Nibbles and I left at 8:30 and headed to the Columbia River Gorge to a very difficult hike, one we couldn't do very well with Woogy with us. We did it last year with both kids and it was tough on them. The first half of the trail is all up the mountain and it was rocky and very muddy. It was very challenging pushing the stroller up that, but it was a good work-out.
And the mountain was covered with wildflowers, as you can from the pictures. It was beautiful, and so peaceful without the normal mountain full of hikers. The only other people there were the park rangers when I arrived. I think I like hiking with my whole family though. BB said we could go today, but I am glad I didn't wait because Woogy says his ear hurts, he has a fever and a bad cough. So BB will be going out with Nibbles without me today.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

Looks like the scenery is worth the hike.

T said...

That looks awesome. So beautiful & peaceful.

Achtung BB said...

I enjoyed sleeping in however. I don't think Woogy would have made the hike pleasant. You are getting better with the camera.

GoldenSunrise said...

Those pictures look like they could be postcards. It is nice to have one on one time with Nibbles and to have family time too.

roamingwriter said...

That's impressive. I don't think I'd hike alone if I had to drive there though I do walk alone around where I live. I'm sort of a wimpy walker though!